Museum Open Mon., Aug, 21 from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Solar Eclipse Day Tickets include:
– Special appearance by South Carolina native and Apollo 16 astronaut, Gen. Charles Duke. In addition to being CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator) during the Apollo 11 Moon landing, in April 1972 Duke became the tenth man to walk on the Moon during Apollo 16.
– Reserved common area outside the museum for safe viewing of the total solar eclipse (with access to restrooms and water)
– Solar Eclipse viewing glasses provided by SCE&G (Remember, looking directly at a solar eclipse could damage your eyes!)
– Special astronomy and space exhibits.
– Special eclipse education pop-up stations and tours
– Access to a special Planetarium Eclipse Show, “Shadows from Space.”
– Access to the Robert B. Ariail Telescope Gallery and Boeing Observatory.
– Access to a 4D theater movie showing.
– Admission to the current blockbuster exhibition, “Savage Ancient Seas.”
– Admission to 4 floors of permanent and changing exhibit galleries featuring South Carolina art, science & tech, natural history and cultural history.
Guest will also have access to:
– 4,000 sq. ft. South Carolina Gift store, the Cotton Mill Exchange
– Bathrooms on every floor
– Parking options available
– Food will be available as an add-on purchase. More details coming soon!
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are non-refundable. Information for school group visit options and pricing is coming soon! Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Admission: Adults $29.95; Seniors (65 & above) $29.95; Children (3 -12) $24.95
Museum Member: Adults $23.95; Seniors (65 & above) $23.95; Children (3 -12) $19.95
Groups (for non-school groups of 10 or more): Adults $27.95; Seniors (65 & above) $27.95; Children (3 -12): $22.95