If your organization is planning a public event during Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C., August 18-21, 2017, please submit your event on this site! (Link is in footer for confirmed events that are ready to submit.)
For example, the S.C. State Museum is the Solar Eclipse Headquarters for the state of South Carolina, and they are leading the charge to educate students and train teachers for experiencing this once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon in the months leading up to the big event on August 21, 2017 at 2:41 p.m. During Total Eclipse Weekend Columbia, S.C., the museum will host astronomy programming all weekend in its observatory and planetarium, with a gala on Saturday and a big viewing party on Monday, the day of the eclipse. Below is the type of information you can list here on this site, along with an image and a link to your website.
Solar Eclipse 2017 at the SC State Museum
AUG. 18 – 21, 2017
On August 21, 2017 Columbia, SC will be one of the best places to witness the Solar Eclipse of 2017. While the entire United States will see a partial eclipse, Columbia will be one of a handful of cities to see the amazing spectacle of a total solar eclipse. The SC State Museum will be hosting an fun-filled weekend of solar eclipse related events leading up to a special opportunity to view the eclipse at the museum.
Activities will include:
- The Robert B. Ariail Collection of Astronomy/Telescope Gallery tours
- Special BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Planetarium shows
- Evening observing opportunities in the Boeing Observatory
- The Boeing Observatory will be open during the day on Aug. 18 – 20, as well as before and after the Solar Eclipse on Aug. 21.
- On Mon, Aug. 21 Solar Eclipse viewing will be available in designated areas outside of the State Museum.
Please note: the Boeing Observatory and terrace will not be open during the Solar Eclipse, as the eclipse will be visible to the naked eye. The museum will be offering solar viewing glasses so guests may view the eclipse safely in the designated viewing areas outside of the museum.
- Solar Eclipse Soiree, Sat., Aug. 19 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Solar Eclipse Totality Party, Mon. Aug. 21 from 12 to 4 p.m.